Thursday, September 2, 2010

Procrastination...Anyone?

The word "Procrastination" could not ring more true in a situation than in the description of me and this blog that I am supposed to keep up with Regularly!! It is not that I don't think about it, it just seems that at the moment I think about it, I immediately get distracted! So here I am 3 months after my last post FINALLY updating my blog! So without further ado allow me to catch you all up..

May, seemed to fly by and Adam and I visited Orange beach frequently! Which is amazing because the rest of the summer we couldn't seem to get a breather to do anything except work and work and oh yeah WORK!!!

June, was really a busy month for us both, Adam planned youth trips and I taught swimming lessons, started playing church softball AND found out that I would have to have some surgery (nothing life threatening but enough to keep you out of work for 3wk) that was no surprise to me, I had been putting it off for 6 years!!!! It was really great though in the end, because Adam and I grew even closer than I thought possible! He took excellent care of me (in ways that I will NOT be mentioning..because they are embarrassing...BUT I am sure will be used in a sermon one Wednesday night) and I could not have asked for better!!

Below some of our sweet youth girls visited and MOCKED me after my surgery!

July, was so busy and I came back to work about halfway through the month and boy was it tough getting back in the working mode. We also went to New Orleans on our Mission trip and while I was begged by everyone not to go because I had just had major surgery, Stubborn me went anyway and it really was an Amazing experience, my pain went away in the efforts to serve my GOD!!!
August, was CRAZY, I feel like it flew by so fast that I am still writing it in the date box of everything I write on! Also this is my birthday month, so if you are very close to me you already know that i celebrate the ENTIRE month..Now my mother, father and Adam(even though he thinks its insane) do wish me happy birthday every day..I know that your thinking this is crazy, but hey I love it!!! For my actual birthday I took a much needed day off, and relaxed and did only what I wanted to!!! My sweet Sweet SWEET husband got me a HOBO bag that I had been eyeing for a couple of months and had even DROPPED hints that it was the one I wanted(subtle of course ;)

Any who, we ate dinner at my parents on my actual birthday and my daddy cooked..he KNOWS the way to my heart,what can I say!! The next night Me, Adam, his sister Andrea and her husband Jordan went to eat at my absolute favorite Restaurant CRECHALES which I have eaten at every year for my birthday for as long as I can remember!! ha

Afterwards we went to Easely Amused where I thought that just Andrea and I were going to paint, BUT again that husband of mine surprised me and he and Jordan joined us!! We had the most fun I can remember having in awhile, we laughed and just enjoyed the night!! I feel truly blessed that Adam would do that for me even when were weren't painting anything remotely masculine..he sucked it up and did it for ME :) LOVE I tell ya!!


So that brings us up to date and I am gonna try and start posting more regularly because I have actually been cooking more now that we are back in school and summer is over, so I have lots of new favorites that I have tried and turned into gluten free dishes!! I will leave you with Lasagna that I have been making that ADAM LOVES and you can make it regular for your family I just of course add Gluten free because we are GLUTEN FREE!! haha BON APPETIT'


Lasagna in 30 minuets:

ingredients:
1-2lb hamburger meat
1bundle green onions
16 oz sour cream
8oz cream cheese
2 small tomato paste
2 small tomato sauce
1 pack of sweet and low
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4-5 Lasagna Noodles (reg or gluten free)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees- Brown hamburger meat, when done drain and put back in skillet, then add 2 cans of paste and 2 cans of sauce and 1 pack of sweet and low stir and let simmer for 10 min or until bubbling.

Make sure your 8oz cream cheese is softened so that it is easy to mix with 16oz Sour Cream as well as your chopped green onions, make sure these are mixed together smoothly.

After your noodles have cooked place them in the bottom of your baking dish poor your seasoning meat over them then poor your Cream Cheese, Sour Cream mixture over the meat, Cover the top with Mozz Cheese to your desire and put in oven until cheese is melted!! THEN ENJOY!!!!!

Seriously only takes 30 min for the entire dish to be ready to eat!!
Let me know if you try it and what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. welcome back! enjoyed reading what you've been up to. those paintings are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete