Friday, September 3, 2010

June Cleaver...I am NOT...

First, let me say that I am half way asleep typing this. Secondly, I believe my stomach just started eating itself, so this post might be a little short, since I will need lunch very soon!!

Your probably wondering why it is that I am soooo sleepy this morning..so I am going to tell you...(Brace Yourselves)!!
Work of course was busy as usual, and when I got off work I had to go to Piano lessons(funny right, someone my age taking piano..well there is more to the story, so let me back up oh say 15 years)

15years ago on September 1, 1995 my Grandmother passed away. She was probably the most beautiful Pianist that I have ever heard play and she played only by ear..never could read a single note on paper!! (AMAZING I KNOW) well naturally as a child and young teen I took piano and played pretty much the same way, I struggled so much reading music..so I tried to beat the system, I would learn the notes, memorize them and THEN I would act as though I was reading the music and playing at the same time(clever your thinking..but not really)I won trophies at competitions and always got superior at festivals..but when she passed away..I hated it..I didn't want to have anything to do with the piano again because it was what SHE AND I did together.

Little did I know that would be the
BIGGEST mistake I would make at 12 years old! Mamie Nell ( that's my Grandmother) left me her brand new Yamaha Piano..beautiful in its black color...and sitting for the last 15 years, untouched..crying out to be played again.

SOO, I am taking again, while I still remember some technical things, alot is fuzzy..So every Thursday I go and I re learn and I have to say it has been an amazing feeling, I can actually feel her presence and I can remember her voice telling me certain things about playing, and how to relax, play from heart not mind, FEEL it, don't force it to come out! Anyone who knew her knew how well she played and how important it was to her that WE (grandchildren) played.

So keep me in your prayers as I re start this adventure!!

NOW, when I got done with lessons, I had planned on going straight home but of course I got caught up with something else, I ran into a friend and went to watch her daughter (who is also a youth in our group) cheer at Copiah Academy, and before I knew it had been an hour, well Adam OF COURSE had not eaten so I had to RUSH home and cook supper!!!

What do you throw together at 8:45pm on a Thursday night for supper, you might be wondering and I will tell you...LAZY SPAGHETTI ( the spaghetti is not the lazy part..EMILEE "NON WIFE OF THE YEAR" is)!!

Of course I have to fix two separate spaghetti noodles and ADAM wants meat in his...so I had to THAW out some deer meat and throw all this together...I believe we ended up sitting down to eat at 9:30pm...yeah most people are getting ready for bed and we are EATING SUPPER!!!! so like I said before JUNE CLEAVER I AM NOT!!!!

I can honestly say we are no TRADITIONAL couple!! Please try recipe below and let me know if LAZY SPAGHETTI works for you!!!!


Lazy Spaghetti-

Spaghetti Noodle- boil
Spaghetti Sauce- I use Bertolli Tomato Basil the big jar
Mozzarella Cheese- Just one pack
If you like meat in yours feel free to add it

Poor your cooked noodles in a baking dish pour the jar of sauce over noodles and stir them (this is when you would add your meat as well) then sprinkle Mozz cheese all over the top and bake at 400 until cheese is melted!!

French Bread and Salad go great with this!!!

Bon Appetit'

2 comments:

  1. how sweet that you are playing piano again. your grandmother would be very proud and what a great way to remember and honor her! hope it continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Regina!! I hope so To!!!

    ReplyDelete