Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Party Time.....Happy Birthday Daddy!

My Daddy is my Hero and
He always makes me laugh!!

I am his little Brown Eyed Possum Girl
OK, so today is my dad's birthday...(I won't mention his age) so Adam and I decided that we would have him, my mom and brother over for dinner at our house tonight! First of all, we could have just taken them out but my dad is a little bit different when it comes to gestures. He is someone who would be more moved by having dinner at our home than going out to eat. He is the emotional male in our family!!! I have been trying to decide all week what I would cook for him, but at the same time something that Adam could eat (story of my life)!

So for our dinner tonight we will be have Baked Talapia, Fresh Gulf Shrimp baked to perfection, Green salad, and Grilled Asparagus!! (I am already hungry)

Talapia, you will need to take each fillet and season each side with Tony's Chachere Seasoning- sear each side in a skillet with a small amount of Italian dressing (don't drench)-
once each side is seared take your fillets put them in a large baking dish (depending on how many pieces you are cooking) and add a generous amount of Italian dressing, a little white cooking wine, and sprinkle just a little more Tony's to the top, drizzle some lemon juice across each and then put a small slab of butter on each piece. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until fish starts to look crisp on edges!

SHRIMP, make sure that you de-head the shrimp if they are fresh, if you buy the pre-pealed ones from Kroger then you won't have to worry about that!! Ok, take the shrimp whether pealed or not and put them in a baking dish, add a generous amount of Worcestershire Sauce and Italian Dressing (keep in mind they don't need to be drowning in it ) just make sure there is enough where all can soak in it, sprinkle some good ole Tony's Chachere Seasoning on them too (add more if the shrimp are still in shells) add some slabs of butter and bake at 350 for 20 minutes!!

Grilled
Asparagus , after washing your Asparagus make sure to cut about 1 inch off each stalk (helps those ends to be tender) take some olive oil and pour it in your hand (yep your gonna get a little dirty) take the Asparagus and rub the olive oil on it, then take good ole Tony (can you tell we LOVE him) and sprinkle all over the Asparagus (DON'T coat them in it), just throw them on the grill for about 5-7 minutes and you have some awesome veggies!!! ( I always put them in aluminum foil and wrap them up so that they also steam a bit just your preference)!!

I hope if any of you try this that you will let me know how it all turns out!!! I will be sure to post some pictures of our dinner tonight and of my daddy blowing out his CANDLES (fire Extinguisher will be handy!!)

2 comments:

  1. I would rather YOU come to my house and try it FOR me! ha. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy!!! But I'm pretty sure I need a demo of this one... When there are no measurements involved, I generally stink at cooking! Also, we don't have fresh seafood around these parts... a whole new world, I tell ya.

    Please give your sweet family hugs from me & tell your sweet daddy I said I love him & am so glad he was born!

    ReplyDelete